Sunday, June 03, 2012

Sasuke Singapore Qualifiers 3rd June 2012

It's Sunday and finally my turn has come! FINALLY I can have a taste of what it's like to be on Ninja Warrior! Well...not exactly the real thing. But at least I tried hehehe. Always thought that the obstacles looked very interesting and wanted to try it for myself. Therefore the moment I got to know that Ninja Warrior was coming to Singapore, I did not hesitate signing up for it, even though I'm not much of an athlete lol.

And so my session was on Sunday 10:45am. Went to register myself and my number was L688. Huat ah! My session was actually the one just nice being used as for the Sasuke Singapore trailer that people can see on TV now wahahha. Here's the video.
 

My whole family went down, including Momo dear and Nut Nut, to support me lol. Well it's more like I want them to go join in the exciting atmosphere and have fun. When was the last time I participated in something so exciting? Never!



As I was called to sit down in my group to prepare for the start of the obstacle course, I started feeling nervous. Never had I participated in something with so much adrenaline rush. This would be shown on TV some more! But I think that's not the reason for me being nervous. The whole obstacle course doesn't look daunting even. It's probably cos it's a REAL competition. Damn it's so exciting. My hands were literally filled with electricity. Could feel that my hands can shoot electric bolts lol.

 Here you can see me and my group of Ninja Warrior hopefuls doing a shoot for the Ch5 trailer.

Ready for battle!

By the time it was my detail, and standing beside my box, I tried to shake off the electricity in my hands but it just wouldn't go away. No choice I had to just do it. As I ran through the course, the electricity in my hands started fading. The first station push-ups was not as good as I thought. Haven't been training much prior to these qualifiers, therefore I was very slow in doing push-ups. Then it was jumping onto the box for 20 times. I had practiced this in front of Momo dear on a normal bench in a void deck. Therefore this proved no problem for me as I used my own technique to clear it. Then it was running through a series of types. No problem there as well, unless you have coordination problem. Next it was 25 times lifting an 8kg medicine ball straight up my arms extended above our heads. WTH there was dried mud on the medicine ball and some bits and pieces fell onto my face while I was lifting it. I think that proved to be quite a distraction zzz. By the time I was finished with the medicine ball, three guys were already ahead and I ran with all my might and strode across the wooden plank without breaking a sweat. Two guys already walked off with two flags, which means the final flag was up for grabs my me and the guy in front. There was about 5-10 metres of distance between me and that guy but I sped like a speeding bullet and overtook that guy at the last second and managed to grab the flag right underneath his nose. He must be damn frustrated at his loss lol.

I beat this guy by a mere second or so to grab the third and final flag.

Ninja Warrior NaFiMuYa!

So I managed to grab the final flag. Then we had to go for the confession stage and I gave a normal response to all their questions, which probably decided my fate already. I'm sure if I had given a much more "interesting" response I'll definitely be given a chance to be in the selected 100 for the actual event. Never mind! If there's one again next year, I'll train much harder for it! Ganbatte!

NaFiMuYa and family.

NaFiMuYa's pompom girls.

Can't remember the last time I was so athletic. Think can hear my bones cracking.

Never mind! I'll try again next year!

Can Momo be the female Ninja Warrior? YEAH!=D

0 comments: