Thursday, December 03, 2009

First Shooting Trip With 500D

Yes finally I get to use my 500D for a shooting trip - VivoCity's 3rd anniversary. Like the past years' anniversary celebrations, VivoCity prepared a wonderful fireworks display shooting from a ship right in the middle of the channel of water between Sentosa and VivoCity. This year we were not so stupid to stand at HarbourFront. We got a great spot just outside the King Louis' restaurant, which is just beside Daiso. There were plenty of shooters around, all armed with big cannons. Nic, Li Teng, as well as their friends and colleagues were all there.

Well actually Ron had organized a dinner gathering for us as Cong wanted to meet us and pass us the pictures of his wedding. We had dinner at Kim Gary's. Then I rushed up to the rooftop to where LT and Nic were, to get a spot for the shooting. Wah nice luckily I managed to squeeze a space right beside LT. Hock din join us for dinner but they managed to join me at the rooftop just before the fireworks started. Therefore I borrowed Hock's pro tripod to stabilize my 500D and started a shooting spree. Not many nice pix though. The SX100 that I brought along, which Sim used to take some pix, were in fact quite good. Same as what I used last year. Need more practice to get used to my new DSLR. After that we dispersed. I even saw Chang Chao after we left, and got to know that he was there for the shoot too. Looks like everyone was there lol.

0 comments: