Saturday, December 27, 2008

Many Many Updates

Today is another freaking tiring day. Therefore this post shall be as short as possible. Wahaha! I went to Pulau Ubin with Wing Kin, Tat Yeong and Yew Hwee. It was WK's suggestion, and no organizer, according to WK. What the crap. Anyway we had nasi lemak at Changi Village first. The stalls there very funny. Or rather the patrons. Once they saw a very long queue at a particular stall, they will queue up at that stall, then everyone else will follow. We din wanna waste our time queuing up for 15-20 minutes just for a plate of nasi lemak, therefore we ordered from the stall which doesn't have a queue. More or less the same loh. ZZZzzz...

We then took the bumboat to Pulau Ubin. Now costs $2.50 per trip liao. Last time only $2 or even lesser. We then rented bikes at $7/day and cycled around the island, taking lots of pix. Eventually we ended up at Chek Jawa. I even met Blk 22 Steven. He's now working at National Youth Council and is on a course with some aged 15-20+ youngsters. Cool stuff. Then we went back to Changi Village for food again. This time we ordered our individual food, plus Sambal Kangkong and BBQ Stingray. Yumz I'm still full now but I'm salivating again from the mention of these delicacies. I ordered Mee Soto for myself. Not really very nice. Still the best Mee Soto I ate is at the kopitiam opposite Bugis Junction. *drools*
24th December 2008, Wednesday, Christmas Eve

Cycled down to ECP to meet up MKG for BBQ. Was raining quite a bit but I managed to reach ECP a lil' wet only. Then we went to occupy a pavilion for our BBQ. It was just next to the E2 carpark, the Family Corner bikeshop, and the hawker centre, therefore quite a nice location. Despite the rain and occasional winds, we managed to light up our BBQ pit and start BBQing. Before long the rest of the people arrived. We had about 11 MKGers but since the more the merrier, I invited Jiahao, Edwin, Wing Kin, Jacelyn, who also asked her friend, Jennifer, along. Therefore there were about 16 people. Heyu's gf, Jiaxiu, joined us for the second time, after so many years! And we haven't seen Ah-ma for quite some time too. Quite a fun gathering-cum-BBQ session. We managed to finish up most of the food, in fact all of the BBQ-able stuff, except for the bee hoon and rice. I bought sparklers and fake snow to play wahhaha. Haven't been playing with such stuff for a long time.

After the BBQ, we still had time to spare before 12 midnight. Therefore we went to play bowling. We had to wait for a waiting list of about 4 groups of people, therefore we went to Mac to sit down and relak for a while. Then I tried mass-SMSing 50+ people on my iPhone. Woo it took several minutes to finish sending everyone. Then I found out that Charles is at Beach Cabana! So I went over to look for him. Just as I walked out of Mac, I saw old friend Chuanwei. Chatted for a while and then went to find Charles, who was with his friend, Jamie. The two of them were drinking there already. So the moment I went up to them, I was dragged to finish up two mugs of Tiger beer before Jamie was satisfied. -__- But it was all in the name of fun. So after drinking up I rushed back to the bowling alley, cos they had already got the lanes.

Diao it was already 12:0x a.m.! But then nobody was really shouting and screaming "Merry Christmas" anyway. I proceeded to bowl. Then realized that Jacelyn had fell and hurt her knee and ankle. *faint* Poor Jacelyn. She had to forfeit her game. We finished up one game of bowling before calling it a day. Then I cycled back to Beach Cabana to say goodbye to Charles and Jamie before I cycled back home. The ride home was awesome cos it was icy cool weather and cycling fast means lotsa cool wind brushing against you. Shiokz!

25th December 2008, Thursday, Christmas Day!

It's Christmas at my house again! All the relatives came over. Even cousin Xiao Tao was here with her bf. Then all the kids starting coming too. Wilson brought his 7-month old Sixuan here for the first time. Vivian brought her Reina and Xavier. Koufu brought his three princes. Plenty of kids running around, climbing around. Had to keep an eye on them sia. We had a feast of pizzas, all sorts of meat, spaghetti, curry chicken, cakes, desserts etc. HUNGRY! Eric even brought a big sack like a Santa Claus. He then organized a gift exchange session too. I played Stephen Chow's 1992 comedy, 家有喜事, and entertained everyone with it. Stephen Chow still the best! Then everyone left by about 8pm+. Another wonderful and joyous Christmas gathering! Always usual, eat until puke. LOL!
26th December 2008, Friday, Boxing Day!

Went to Barry's church wedding at some church in Paya Lebar. I thought the ceremony would start a bit later than the stated 11am. But the moment I was 10m away from the entrance, I heard the churchbells chiming. Oops! I approached the entrance and saw Barry's wife, Isabella, holding her father's arms, ready to walk down the aisle. I then joined several others who were late. LOL. At least I saw them walking down the aisle. So then I joined the others in the church for the ceremonial rituals. There wasn't any of our JC classmates in sight! I was the only one there. Therefore after everything was over, I went to take a picture with the newlyweds. Barry, the once mischievous class representative, now has gotten married! Grats to the both of them. I enjoyed the lunch catering before I left the place. Nobody to talk to anyway.

I went back home to take a nap before going out for the wedding dinner at Fullerton. There were only 8 of us from our class present. Wenhan, Wenqiang, Hongming, Hongsheng, Hongwei, Esther, Shiqi and me. It was my first time going for a wedding dinner at Fullerton, therefore it should be quite an eye-opener. The ballroom was indeed very grand and class. The VIP table was VERY big, with lots of candles in the middle. Very good service from the staff too.

Then it was plenty of photo-taking as usual. Although there were only 8 of us, which was much lesser than the 10+ of us at Yongkang and Hwee Suan's wedding, we still had lotsa fun taking pix. Just like back in JC days when we had our prom night.
After the dinner, EVERYONE wants to go home, or meet their friends. I thought it was quite a waste of a Friday night, therefore I thought of watching a movie. Luckily Jacelyn was near the area, so we went to catch YES MAN. Woo nice movie. Haven't seen a good Jim Carrey movie for years. Definitely worth watching. Teaches us a good lesson that we should not be afraid to try out everything. Cos you never know what you might get! YES YES YES! (The part where Jim Carrey meets the speaker of the YES programme is rather lame though. Wahahah!)

2 comments:

Elise said...

conclusion is

nafi kor kor is a coconut tree
=TALL + THIN

NaFiMuYa said...

Thanks huh Moo Mei. >_< Hahaha!