Sunday, June 08, 2008

Euro Fever Started!

Yes it's the UEFA Euro 2008 in Austria-Switzerland! The first two games featuring Group A's Switzerland vs Czech Republic (0-1) and Portugal vs Turkey (2-0) started earlier this morning. I watched the first 20 mins of SUI vs CZE and was pretty bored with it, cos there aren't many people I really know from these teams. POR vs TUR was, of cos, more interesting with who else but Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Deco and gang. Turkey were a formidable force too, but they succumbed to the brilliant tactics of Portuguese coach Scolari and the magnificent team, ending in a 2-0 scoreline. No goals from Ronaldo yet, but he did send a perfectly aimed freekick into goal, only to be saved by goalkeeper Volkan.

The matches coming up in Group B features co-host Austria with Croatia, and later Germany vs Poland. I would be very interested to watch how the Germans perform, cos they are the most likely winners predicted by many soccer experts. I've even gotten myself a German jersey all the way from Germany! Thanks to my ex-colleague Kah Wai. Haha! Although it was a bit expensive, I really like the design of the jersey. In fact I compared the price of a similar jersey sold in the Adidas shop in Vivocity and discovered I had paid about $40 more for something similar. Hahaha oh well, there is a difference though. The one at Vivo is made in Vietnam while the one I have is made in China. Are good made in China more inferior? Hahaha! Oh well too bad there's work tomorrow, so I guess I can only watch replays of GER vs POL.

Went for a long "walk-in-the-park" with Peyyong and Peiyi today. Our MKG numbers getting smaller with each outing wahaha! Anyway we met in Bedok for lunch before taking bus 30 down to somewhere near NUS. Then we went to the nearby Cheers to grab water and snacks for our journey. Ok won't describe much. A picture says a thousand words.


Doesn't this look like Akina Hill from Initial D? =P



Arti Arti!!!



Rows of greenhouses



The Wizard of Oz comes to life!



Great home design ideas for the nature lover



Alexandra Arch and beyond



Henderson Waves


Only one word to describe the scenery I witnessed for the whole day's journey. Breath-taking!

We walked all the way to Vivocity and had dinner at Marche! It's been decades since I last had dinner at Marche. It's the only branch left in Singapore though. Had so much of a spread that I could hardly walk after the hearty meal. Walked around Vivocity before we went home to rest after a long day's route march.

6th May 2008, Friday

It's the final lunch with all the people of DSO and ST. Miss Ng printed out a list of restaurants with buffet lunch and told me to choose one. Diao all very expensive sia. Bobianzz very paiseh, so chose the cheapest one in the list. It was a place called Pete's Place @ Grand Hyatt. Come to think of it, my farewell lunch seems to be the most expensive of all the previous farewell lunches I've been to. Holy shit. Let's hope the guys don't grumble at the expensive pricetag that goes with their meals. Haha.

0 comments: